Thursday, February 28, 2008

Genesis

Well, I don't really know what to write right now, but since this blog is dedicated to my venture into photography, I guess it is fitting to start right there.

Simply put...I love photography! I always have, really, but this passion intensified after the birth of my daughter. She is my inspiration for not only wanting to pursue this dream, but also for the name of this business, as her nickname is Sweetface. Children grow and change so much, in such a short amount of time, and photographs are an amazing way to capture and treasure these changes. I get such joy out of looking at my daughter's photographs, and I want to be able to give that joy to other parents. So here I am - trying to make a career out of one my life's great loves.

I am currently in the process of building my portfolio. I intend to photograph families, of course, but that includes expectant mothers with their beautiful bellies, newborn babies fresh to the world, and children of any age. I consider myself an on-location, natural light, lifestyle photographer. Ultra-posed and forced smiles I will leave to studios and the like. With me, I hope to capture organic and candid moments of people being themselves and enjoying life. I will let kids play, sing, dance, splash in puddles – because that is what they love to do and I know that is what parents love about them - so that is exactly what I want to capture on film. Hopefully, I will have the honor of capturing some great moments for you and your family.



I'll leave you with some of my fave shots from my very first photo session.
The W Family was such a FUN bunch to photograph. We met up at Belmont Park / Mission Beach, and just went for it. I loved that they were ready to try anything, and came ready with their kool-aid smiles.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Capturing life's sweetest moments"

Copyright

All images are protected under the US copyright, and belong to Gwendolyn Itpick. Please do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog without express permission from me.
Custom Blog Design by Boutique Graphics

SFP on the WWW...

Comings and goings...

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks






Comings and Goings