Thursday, June 25, 2009

The little girl in my heart is crying...


I suppose the day had to come some day, but I didn't think it would be this soon. At just 50 years old, Michael Jackson, THE KING OF POP, has passed away. This is hitting me harder than I am prepared for. Celebrities are just people, like you and me, and I am not usually shocked or emotionally unsettled; saddened, of course, because the loss of a life is still a loss. But this...this celebrity death is permeating the skin and bones and making it's way to my core. Yes, his last decade or so in life was riddled with oddities and scandal, but the little girl in my heart can't help but remember studying his dance moves and practicing them with my big brother; the little girl in my heart remembers playing his tapes and rewinding them, playing and rewinding, so I could learn every word of his songs; the little girl in my heart remembers watching his videos and The Wiz and thinking she was going to marry that man. His songs, particulary those of the 80s and early 90s, are a part of the soundtrack of my life and are attached to memories that are evoked every time I hear his music. So today...the little girl in my heart is crying over the loss of Michael Jackson. I am praying for his family - particularly for his three children, and hoping he finally gets some peace.


1 comment:

Nes said...

You took the words right out of my mouth! I've never been so heart broken over a celeb either...but I too, grew up listening to his records, crushing on him, trying to dance like him...all of it. I still can't believe he's gone :(

About Me

My photo
"Capturing life's sweetest moments"

Copyright

All images are protected under the US copyright, and belong to Gwendolyn Itpick. Please do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog without express permission from me.
Custom Blog Design by Boutique Graphics

SFP on the WWW...

Comings and goings...

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks






Comings and Goings