Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



Well today is Mother's Day - a day we set aside just to celebrate and honor our mothers.  If you've been reading the blog this past week, you know I've sort of been honoring a little every day over the last week or so.  I know it's been said that the day has become too commercialized and that may be true for some.  But I've always felt that no matter what the big greeting card companies and florists may be thinking on their end ($$$), what really only matters is what you're doing on your end.  This and every holiday is about what YOU make it, and for me, today is specifically about my mommabear.  

Today we'll be going to mom's church and then going to out for a family dinner.  Maybe even going out to catch the new Star Trek movie.  Hopefully all of you get the chance to spend time with or at least talk to and tell your mom's how much you love and appreciate them today.  

As I look back on my life
I find myself wondering...
Did I remember to thank you
for all that you have done for me? 
For all of the times you were by my side
to help me celebrate my successes
and accept my defeats? 
Or for teaching me the value of hard work,
good judgement, courage, and honesty? 
I wonder if I've ever thanked you
for the simple things...
The laughter, smiles, and quiet times we've shared? 
If I have forgotten to express my gratitude
For any of these things,
I am thanking you now...
and I am hoping that you've known all along,
how very much you are loved and appreciated. 
Author Unknown 


And to close, A Song For Mama for my mom and all of my friends and readers who are moms.  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Capturing life's sweetest moments"

Copyright

All images are protected under the US copyright, and belong to Gwendolyn Itpick. Please do not save to your hard drive, download, print or post any image from this blog without express permission from me.
Custom Blog Design by Boutique Graphics

SFP on the WWW...

Comings and goings...

Photography Directory by PhotoLinks






Comings and Goings